Jennifer Rangel is headed towards a bright future

Grace Schoening, Reporter

The ambitious, involved freshman, Jennifer Rangel is our latest pick as Lynx of the Week.

So far this year, Rangel has participated in Model UN, JROTC, cross country, and speech. She plans to join mock trial, soccer, and the track team as the year progresses.

Rangel explains her personal ideals and values when it comes to moderating both schoolwork and extracurricular activities.

“My motto is ‘school always comes first’, so that’s what I knockout before anything,” said Rangel. “That motivates me to get my schoolwork done first so I can actually do the fun stuff.”

Even though it is only her first year of high school, Rangel already has exciting plans for her future.

“I’m still only a Freshman, so I don’t have everything figured out,” said Rangel. “I definitely maybe want to go into the AirForce.”

Along with considering a career in the military, Rangel also expresses her interest in the medical profession.

“I’m interested in going into the field of psychology,” said Rangel. “Helping other people has always been a passion of mine and will continue to be one of my biggest passions.”

Often the transition from junior high to high school can be a scary one. Rangel describes the positive aspects of high school she has encountered thus far.

“So far, I just really like the atmosphere,” said Rangel. “There’s a lot more activities here that aren’t available in middle school.”

The determined freshman discusses her goals and expectations for her upcoming high school years.

“I want to be as involved as I can while mentally putting myself first,” said Rangel. “This year made me realize how much I can do, and how much I can push myself to be the best I can be.”